The Peekskill Community Garden Group is planning community fruit and vegetable gardens in Peekskill, using organic gardening practices. Our mission is to bring people of diverse cultural and generational backgrounds together to work toward the common goal of providing a local, sustainable source of healthy food. We are seeking:
• volunteers to help with labor (clearing the field, building fences, spreading topsoil, etc.)
• volunteers to help with fund raising, publicity, and
• donations of materials and supplies*
• monetary donations*
*Donors of materials and of funding will be acknowledged in our publicity materials.
Stay tuned for updates on our garden progress, let us know if you would like to join, can offer up supplies in the spring when we start to dig and implement Peekskill Community Gardens. If you are interested in participating, or would like to make a donation, please send us an email at Peekskillcommunitygarden@gmail.com with your contact info. Thanks!
(AND find us on Facebook!)
The Mission of the Peekskill Community Garden is:
• To promote a sense of community by bringing people of diverse cultural and generational backgrounds together to work toward the common goal of providing a local, sustainable source of healthy food.
• To learn from each other and in turn teach others about the nutritional, environmental, and spiritual benefits of gardening
• To encourage self- reliance
• To beautify our city