- The City of Peekskill Common Council will gather for a committee of the whole meeting Monday, Jan. 6 at 7 p.m. in the Paul Schwerman Conference Room at city hall [on the agenda — a six-month update from the city manager; updates from council liaisons; the installation of 183 new parking meters valued at $470 per meter; and winter parking issues on Pine and Pomeroy streets]
- The Cortlandt Town Board will meet for a work session Monday, Jan. 6 at 7 p.m. in the Nyberg Meeting Room at town hall
- The Town of Cortlandt Planning Board will meet Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. in the Nyberg Meeting Room
- The Town of Cortlandt Master Plan Committee will meet Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7 p.m. in the Nyberg Meeting Room
- Hendrick Hudson Central Schools are back in session Monday, Jan. 6 after holiday recess. Other district events include a financial aid workshop for senior parents at Hendrick Hudson High School (HHHS) Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7 p.m.; a board of education meeting at HHHS Library Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7:30 p.m.; and a district-wide safety meeting in the district office conference room Thursday, Jan. 9 at 3:15 p.m.
- In Peekskill City Schools events, there's a board of education meeting at Hillcrest Elementary School Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 7 p.m., plus two concerts this week.
- Over at Lakeland Central Schools, there's a Lakeland High School Parents for Lakeland meeting Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7 p.m.; a board of education meeting Thursday, Jan. 9 at 7 p.m. at the administration building; and two PTA meetings.
The National Weather Service is calling for cloudy skies, rain and fog Monday in Peekskill, with highs in the 40s. Tuesday will bring mostly sunny skies, windy conditions and temperatures in the teens. Expect similar conditions Wednesday, with slightly warmer temperatures. Thursday and Friday look cloudy, with possible rain and snow.
For more events happening this week, including a Common Core rally and a computer class at the Field Library, check out the Peekskill-Cortlandt Patch calendar.