The Common Council is expected to have a work session and meeting tonight in city hall.
The work session begins at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting begins at 7:30 p.m.
During the work session, officials will discuss:
- The results of a structural and engineering study that was performed at the Nelson Avenue garage.
- Bids to conduct a site investigation to update the closure investigation report of 9 Coporate Dr.
- A request by the organizers of the 6th Annual Toughman Half Iron Triathlon for the city to give its approval to the state Department of Transportation to hold the event.
During the Council meeting, officials are schedule to:
- Approve changes to the city’s zoning that will allow bed and breakfasts in the downtown historic district.
- Accept grant $246,793 that Westchester County has awarded to the city’s youth bureau to fund a Youth Build Employment program. The program will give 20 at-risk youth, ages 16 to 24, an opportunity to receive GED instruction, life skills preparation and construction skills training. This is the city’s first year doing the program, which will continue until Dec. 15, 2015.
- Approve a resolution authorizing the creation of a sustainable energy loan program in the City of Peekskill.
Tonight’s agendas are attached to this story.