I don't care what that groundhog said last month....Spring is here and allergies are in the air. So why is it so hard to run while you are sneezing, wheezing and having sinus headaches because of all the allergy meds you are popping! Here are some ideas to beat those allergy sneezes!
1. Try taking your allergy pills at night and see if it makes a difference. Some say that pollen and allergens are most prevalent in the morning hours (6am - 9am), when people are trying to get their workouts in before they head off to work, school, circus.
2. Think of other things that you can do if you are having a really bad allergy day:
Swimming, video indoors, yoga, jogging in place, gym
3. Pay attention to weather reports. If it's warm and BREEZY then the stuff that you are breathing in is going to make some allergies worse.
4. Be prepared - if you know you have bad seasonal allergies, fill up your medicine cabinet with some allergy and sinus medicine. Seriously try to figure out whether you are having sinus headaches vs. regular headaches. The remedies are different, you may save yourself money in the long run!
5. Be realistic - if you are sufferering badly already then maybe it's time to see an allergist and get tested and find out if there is something else in your life that is effecting you. It may not be seasonal!
Kat Roberts is a local Westchester author. Recent works include: HOT MOMMA - not your typical diet and fitness guide for new moms and women; NO MORE LAZY DAYS - a parenting guide to keep yourself and your children active and off the couch. You can check out more of Kat Roberts at her website at www.katroberts.webs.com