Monday, Jan. 27
- City of Peekskill Committee of the Whole and Common Council meetings at 7 and 7:30 p.m., respectively [On the agendas: an American Legion presentation, liaison reports, Feb. 3 as a city-wide Day of Remembrance in honor of the Four Chaplains and tax anticipation notes]
- "Captain Phillips" Free Film Screening at the Field Library at 6:30 p.m.
- It's Regents Week across the state; Patch wishes local students the best of luck
- Town of Cortlandt Town Board budget meeting at 7 p.m. [Click here for a message from Supervisor Linda Puglisi, who pledges to continue a "very low town tax increase record." She plans to forward that record to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and tell him that local Cortlandt officials are the "original 'taxcappers.'"]
Tuesday, Jan. 28
Wednesday, Jan. 29
- Job Hunting on the Web - Computer Class at the Field Library at 9:30 a.m.
- Senior Financial Aid and FAFSA Application Workshop at Peekskill High School from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Walter Panas High School Panas Parents Club meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 30
- College Information Night for junior parents at Hendrick Hudson High School at 7 p.m.
- Matinee Movie: "The Wolverine" at Hendrick Hudson Free Library at 1:30 p.m.
- Town of Cortlandt Veterans Committee meeting at 11 a.m.
Friday, Jan. 31
- End of second quarters at Peekskill City Schools
Expect a wintry mix to last most of Monday, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be about 35-degrees in Peekskill. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday look sunny or mostly sunny, with temperatures in the teens and twenties. Friday should be partly sunny with a high of approximately 33-degrees.
Visit the Patch calendar for more local events.