- City Hall offices in Peekskill will be closed Wednesday (Jan. 1) for New Year's Day, but the Peekskill Common Council will meet at 11 a.m. for an organizational meeting [on the agenda: the national anthem, the designation of official banks and newspaper, the appointment of city court judge, the swearing-in of elected officials and more]
- The Town of Cortlandt will host a swearing-in ceremony Sunday (Jan. 5)
- Town Hall in Cortlandt will be closed Wednesday (Jan. 1) for New Year's Day
- Holiday recess is wrapping up: Lakeland and Peekskill students are back to school Thursday (Jan. 2), while Hendrick Hudson resumes Monday (Jan. 6)
The National Weather Service is calling for mostly sunny skies in Peekskill Monday, with a high of 32-degrees, and partly sunny skies Tuesday, with a high of about 31-degrees. There's a chance of snow Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and temperatures will hover in the 20s and teens.
- The Field Library on Nelson Avenue in Peekskill is hosting a New Year's celebration for youngsters Monday (Dec. 30) afternoon
- Lots of local businesses, including The Tin Whistle and The BeanRunner Cafe, are hosting New Year's celebrations (click here for a list)
- The Hendrick Hudson Free Library is showing "White House Down" as its matinee movie Thursday