[Update, 2:50 p.m. Jan. 21] Town of Cortlandt offices are closing at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Click here to see what your neighbors are saying about local road conditions here.
[Update, 9:40 a.m. Jan. 21] From local officials:
Due to the forecast for a winter storm, The City of Peekskill is announcing a Winter Parking Weather Alert that will be in effect from 8 p.m. Jan. 21 until it is officially rescinded. Accordingly, all OVERNIGHT PARKING (8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) on NON-ALTERNATE side streets is PROHIBITED.
- Overnight parking will be permitted on the streets where alternate side of the street parking is permitted.
- Motorists are cautioned to follow the posted signs and ensure they are on the proper side of the street to avoid being ticketed (alternate side parking is for a 24-hour period).
- Parking between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. is prohibited on any street that does not have winter/alternate side parking signage.
Vehicles found in violation of this ordinance (CC290-24 and 290-35) may be towed at the owner’s expense and fined $50. Motorists are asked to cooperate to ensure that snow removal operations can be completed without hindrance from illegally parked vehicles.
The Winter Parking Weather Alert will be rescinded once snow removal operations are completed, NOT at the conclusion of the storm.[Update, 9:15 a.m. Jan. 21] Peekskill City Schools will also be dismissing early:
- Oakside and Hillcrest Schools 11:35 a.m.
- Woodside Elementary 12:15 p.m.
- Peekskill Middle 11:30 a.m.
- Peekskill High 11:04 a.m.
- Uriah Hill 11 a.m.
[Original post, published at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 21] Students in the Hendrick Hudson and Lakeland school districts will be dismissed early Tuesday because of the impending snow.
The districts announced the decisions on their websites before 8:15 a.m. All after-school and evening activities are canceled, too.
A winter storm warning is in effect until 6 a.m. Wednesday. The National Weather Service is calling for snow in Peekskill to start Tuesday afternoon, with one to three inches of daytime accumulation. Temperatures will hit a high of about 21-degrees.
"Widespread blowing snow," which could be heavy at times, is slated to continue through the night. The agency is forecasting a low of 7-degrees. Expect another three to five inches by morning.
The early dismissal schedule for Hendrick Hudson schools is as follows:
- Buchanan-Verplanck Elementary 11:45 a.m.
- Frank G. Lindsey Elementary 11:45 a.m.
- Furnace Woods Elementary 11 a.m.
- Blue Mountain Middle 11:15 a.m.
- Hendrick Hudson High 10:36 a.m.
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- George Washington Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Lincoln-Titus Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Van Cortlandtville Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Lakeland Copper Beach Middle 12:15 p.m.
- Lakeland High 10:15 a.m.
- Walter Panas High 10:15 a.m.
Share your cancellations and closures here, or post them to the boards. For updates on the weather, check the attached widget.