The Peekskill Common Council is scheduled to meet tonight at 6:30 p.m., inside city hall.
Below is a list of discussion items on tonight’s agenda. Be advised that there are no public comments during work session meetings.
- A discussion on the Peekskill Youth Bureau’s Boatworks program.
- A discussion on an application for the Assumption Church in Peekskill to hold its “Good Friday of the Passion of the Lord” procession on March 29.
- A discussion on whether the city should participate in the World Wildlife Fund’s Earth Hour on March 23. Earth Hour is an event in which are asked to turn off any non-essential lights for one hour.
- This years’ service award for members of the city’s volunteer ambulance corps who are eligible to receive credits that can be used toward future benefit payments.
- An update on from the planning department on building permit applications, including an application to open a Rita’s Italian Ice shop on 1877 E. Main St.