.

Peekskill Reminder: First Tax Payments Due Today

City, county and special districts to collect $23M for 2012 fiscal year.

Peekskill officials remind city taxpayers that the first half of their 2012 payments is due today.

The Common Council, during a special meeting Saturday morning, formally approved the warrant for the collection of city, county and special district taxes. Tax bills had been sent previously.

The warrant formally authorizes Comptroller Charles Emberger to collect a total of $23,019,268, of which $13,996,276 is for the city and $5,685,360 is for Westchester County. Taxes to be collected for special districts are county sewer, $1,539,766; library, $768,000; county solid waste, $649,257; New York State/Metropolitan Transportation Authority, $290,609; and the Business Improvement District, $90,000.

The total represents an increase of less than 1 percent over 2011 and is about $70,000 less than the 2010 total.

These taxes represent 35 percent of the total paid by city taxpayers. School taxes constitute the remaining 65 percent.

The special meeting was the first for Fausta Barbieri, the new deputy city clerk, who was welcomed by the council.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »