The Peekskill Common Council has scheduled a common council meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m., inside city hall.
Tonight’s agenda include discussions on:
- A discussion on the proposals submitted by Red House Entertainment, Tarrytown Music Hall and the Paramount Phoenix Group to lease and manage the Paramount Center for the Arts.
- A plan to change the zoning in the downtown area to allow for greater variety in residential uses.
- A contract with the Birsdall Services Group to create construction and permit documents for the Peekskill Landing Project. The city originally entered into a $129,450 contract with Birdsall for the services, but the city needs to amend the contract by $14,400 in order to re-bid the project.
- The authorization to use funds from of an Empire State Development grant to allow Richard Masloski to sculpt life-sized bronze sculptures of the characters from the Wizard of Oz. The statue would be placed on the southern end of the Riverfront Green. Initial costs for the statues were estimated .
- An update on the city’s capital projects.