Mayor Mary Foster is expected to outline Peekskill’s goal for 2013 tonight when she gives her state of the city address. She is expected to give her speech at 7:30 p.m. during tonight’s Common Council meeting.
Foster will address:
- "13 in '13" -- Peekskill's 13 economic development projects coming in 2013
- Leveraging State grants and public-private partnerships, to thrust an additional 11 economic development projects ahead this year in Downtown Peekskill
- Collaboration between the City of Peekskill and other regional groups to develop cost-savings, sustainability measures, and advocacy efforts.
- Collaboration between neighboring municipalities on infrastructure matters
Foster will also lay out her vision for the City in 2013 including:
- Expanding on the use of public-private partnerships for redevelopment and revitalization projects
- Showcase economic development opportunities to investors, including properties land banked by the City
- Expand on-line capabilities of doing business with City Hall
- Strengthen community outreach and leadership in the police department
- Expand job training and workplace opportunities for the City's disadvantaged young adults