Entergy has announced awards totaling $252,400 to 18 local organizations as part of Indian Point’s Safety Responders Fund grant program.
Entergy has awarded $1.25 million to local fire, police, emergency medical response and other emergency management organizations since the program’s inception in 2009.
“Our community first responders and emergency personnel are dedicated professionals and often risk their own safety to keep others safe,” said John Ventosa, site vice president and Entergy’s top official at the Indian Point Energy Center in Buchanan. “Entergy is appreciative of the work done by professionals and volunteers in our communities and proud to be able to make these considerable investments that help fund worthwhile programs and initiatives.”
Organizations that received funding in the latest round of awards:
- Buchanan Engine Company 1
- Cortlandt Regional Paramedics
- Peekskill Office of Emergency Management
- Orange County Division of Emergency Management
- Town of Highlands Ambulance Corps
- Village of Highland Falls Police Department
- North Highlands Fire District
- Putnam County
- Village of Cold Spring Police Department
- Rockland County Fire Instructors Association
- Rockland County Sewer District 1
- 2-1-1 Hudson Valley Region/Westchester-Putnam
- Friends of Muscoot Farm
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center
- Somers Youth Sports Organization
- Town of Somers
- Westchester ARC Foundation
- Westchester County Police
The grant program is designed to help fund training and equipment purchases for first responders in the vicinity of Indian Point Energy Center. For more information about the program, please go to www.safesecurevital.com and click the “Community” tab.