.

2 Women, Infant Transported to Hospital after Cortlandt House Fire

Mohegan Lake firefighters said two women received minor burns after a clothes dryer malfunction caused a structure fire on 19 Greenlawn Rd. in Cortlandt Manor earlier this afternoon.

A homeowner, her infant child and a female home health aide were transported to a hospital for treatment today after a house fire ignited inside 19 Greenlawn Rd. in Cortlandt Manor.

Mohegan Lake fire Chief Brian Wolert said the call came in at about 5:13 p.m. after a clothes dryer malfunction ignited a fire inside the two-story home.

All of the home's occupants managed to evacuate from the building before firefighters arrived. Wolert said 31 firefighters arrived at the scene.

The women were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation. Wolert said he wasn’t sure if the infant received any injuries during the fire.

Wolert said it took about 25 minutes to get the fire under control. The laundry room and kitchen sustained major fire damage, while the rest of the home sustained smoke damage. The house was ruled uninhabitable Monday night.

Firefighters from Peekskill, Buchanan and the Westchester County Cause and Origin Team assisted Mohegan Lake at the scene.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »