It's easy to fit healthy eating into your busy lifestyle. By changing a few of your habits, you can accomplish this feat. Using these 5 tips, you can decrease the amount of fat and calories you consume daily and also boost your energy level.
- Eat breakfast. Start the day with a balanced breakfast. Research shows that people who eat a morning meal actually consume fewer calories throughout the day. Extreme hunger at lunchtime can ruin even the best of intentions.
- Drink water. Water helps your body stay hydrated and eliminate toxins. Aim to drink at least 5 glasses of water while at work to supplement what you consume at home. This process will ensure you obtain the necessary daily intake of water.
- Shun fast-food runs. Fast food products are full of salt and other ingredients that adversely affect your blood pressure, weight and skin. Pack your own lunch and avoid these places.
- Stock up on healthy snacks. Keep a stash of healthy snack items such as instant oatmeal, baby carrots, yogurt, low-fat frozen burritos, meal-replacement bars, string cheese, low-fat popcorn and fruit canned in its own juice.
- Avoid high-calorie drinks. Regular soda is high in sugar and calories. Combined with its practically nonexistent nutritional value, soda may cause you to gain weight without receiving even the slightest nutritional benefit.
- Limit food freebies. Usually, they are desserts full of salt, processed flour and sugar. They taste good going down, but cause you to feel sluggish by the end of the day. Limit the amount of food freebies you eat and substitute your desire for them with a healthy snack.