Saturday, Dec. 28,
2013, marked three years since Peekskill-Cortlandt Patch launched.
We couldn't have shared all the stories we've written since then without your help—the news tips, comments, blogs, photos and questions you provided were key in shaping our coverage.
So before the clock strikes midnight and we welcome 2014, here's a look back at some of the top posts for 2013:
- Bicycle, Car Collide on Route 9 in Peekskill
- Cortlandt Man, 76, Shoots Wife, 75, After Fight
- Elections: 'Better Tomorrow,' Excitement for Peekskill
- FBI Nabs 15 in Cortlandt, Peekskill Drug Ring
- Heroin Ring Bust Nets 12 Locals
- Montrose Resident: Local Train Crash Victim 'Did Everything For His Family'
- Peekskill Police Identify Body Found in the Hudson
- Peekskill Schools Chief Calls it Quits
- Threat Prompts Peekskill City Schools to Change Graduation Venue
- Troopers Make Arrest in Cortlandt Bank Robbery
Click here to read about the top business stories for the year. If you need a refresher when it comes to using the site, here are some instructions on how to get involved in the conversation.
Comment on articles: We love discussion and smart debate. We welcome reader comments about small issues we may have missed. Tell us about new initiatives, school accomplishments, neighborhood issues and more. Don't like our coverage? Tell us.
Add photos: We want your best shots. Add them to our gallery. You can also add photos to articles by clicking "Upload" near the photos we have featured.
Sign up for newsletters: Get a daily summary of Peekskill-Cortlandt specific news delivered directly to your inbox daily or once a week. The site is updated multiple times each day, so news is always fresh. Scroll to the top of the home page and click on "Get the newsletter."
Post events to the Calendar: Get the word out about your events by adding them to our calendar. Or use the calendar to find out what's going on around town.
Become a blogger: Community members and experts blog weekly on the site. Have a subject area of expertise? Send me an email and I'll get you started as a blogger.
Rate local businesses in the Directory: It features nearly every business, school and organization in town. Use the section to find phone numbers, addresses and hours, and don't forget to rate the establishment!
Make announcements: Need volunteers? Get married? Lose a pet? Announce it in our announcements section so the community knows.