Cortlandt Cowboys announced the creation of a new youth football and cheer association in the Cortlandt area. The Cortlandt Cowboys, the newest member of www.wyfbl.com, services the Lakeland and Hendrick Hudson School districts and surrounding areas. Teams are age-specific with weight restrictions on player positions. The inaugural 2011 season will include 3rd/4th and 5th/6th Grade level teams.
Created by members of the greater Cortlandt Community, the Cowboys strive to create an Association where everyone learns, everyone plays and everyone has fun – including the parents! Our goal was to find a place to play close to home, where families can come together and enjoy watching their children participate without the hassle of long trips, while staying competitive in a sport they love.
- Regular season games are all played in Westchester County, with WYFBL associations divided into North/South
- Local Teams include Armonk, John Jay, Ossining, Pleasantville, Putnam Valley, Tarrytown, Westlake and Valhalla
- Team rosters at each level will be limited to 25 players to ensure ample playing time for all participants
- 2011 Grade level determines team placement
- Cheer program headed by experienced and certified cheer coordinator – Walter Panas High School Cheer Coach – Faith Powell
- Local competitive cheer competitions
Come join an Association where everyone learns, everyone plays and everyone has fun...
Cortlandt Cowboys, Westchester's Team!
For more information regarding either our football or cheer program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cortlandt Cowboys:
The Cortlandt Cowboys Youth Football & Cheer Association is the newest member of the Westchester Youth Football League. WYFBL is officially recognized as part of the Big East Conference of American Youth Football & Cheer, the world’s largest youth football and youth cheer program.
Photos attached were from live registration last month at on 202 in Cortlandt. Families can visit ur website for more registration information.